Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sparkly Birthday Card!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post, I have a birthday card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N' Sparkle challenge blog!
The theme for this  week's challenge is "Things with Wings." Please make sure to head over to the Glitter N' Sparkle blog to play along and link up all your "Things with Wings," crafty creations.
As always we have some great sponsors lined up, and they are graciously offering some wonderful prizes for our Top 3 winners.
                                                         
                                                                    - Bugaboo
                                                             - Sparkle N Sprinkle
                                                           - Morgan's Art World
                                                              -Di's Digi Designs  

                                                   Here's the pic for you to check out:

                        

The card measures 4 3/8" x 6 3/4" using a sheet of white card stock as the base.
For the image I used this beautiful digi, "Stardust Fantasy Fairy 1," from Morgan's Art World.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in. Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                       
                                                            -Skin- FS9, Beige, R20
                                                            -Hair- E70, E29, E79
                      -Dress & Wings- V20, V22, RV63, RV55, G40, G43, Y13, Y18, RV000
                                                                                                                                                                         
                                
                                                             
 I added sparkle to her dress and wings using my Wink of Stella glitter pen.

 Then I inked the background using some Stampin' Up ink pads in "Bashful Blue", "Bliss Blue" and "Mauve Mist".
Next, I colored the ground beneath her feet using my G94 & G99 Copic markers.
I used an oval stencil to trace the shape around the image and fussy cut it out.
I then took that same stencil and traced it on to a sheet of white card stock that I trimmed down to 4 1/8" x 6 1/2".
I used my Xacto blade to cut the oval out and ran it through my Cuttlebug using a Darice "Butterfly" embossing folder.

Next, I lined up the frame and image on my card base and marked out the placement with a pencil.
I then adhered the image directly to the base and used pop dots to attach the frame on top.

To finish the card off , I added the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment from Avery Elle along the bottom and added a few sequins.

                                                         And ta-da!! Card complete!!

                             

                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
                                   Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button