Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

" I Toadily Luv U" Card plus a new challenge!! :)

Hey everyone, happy Valentine's Day to you all!! I hope you are spending this day with your loved ones; I have a card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle challenge blog!! 
The theme for this challenge (appropriately enough) is "Love is in the Air"!
We want to see your "Love" inspired cards and projects, and we have some great sponsors lined up:



They are offering some awesome prizes to our Top 3 winners, so please make sure to swing by the Glitter N Sparkle challenge blog to play along.

Here's the pic of the card I made using the "I Toadily Luv U" image from Robyn's Fetish:


The card measures 5" x 6 1/4" and uses a sheet of craft card stock for the base.
I added dash lines around the edges using my white gel pen.
Next, I set it aside to work on the image.

I used my alcohol markers to color this couple in and here are the colors I used:
-Girl- G40, G43, R20, RV63, RV55
-Boy- G94, G99, Y13, Y15
-Lily Pad, Water, & Background- G46, G28, B14, B18, B12,
-Hearts- R17, R27, E74



Once I had the image colored in, I decided to create a background for the image.
I drew in a lily pad for them to sit on, added some water and greenery behind them.
I also drew in a few flies to complete the background.
Next, I trimmed the image panel down to 4" x 5 1/2" and layered it on a sheet of black card stock that was cut a 1/4" bigger.
I then layered it again on a sheet of patterned paper from a DCWV "Violet Stack" paper pad.
I used pop dots to adhere it to the card base at a slight angle.

To finish the card off, I die cut a few hearts, and added them around the image.
Lastly, I used my Wink of Stella to add sparkle.

And ta-da!! Card complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy your Valentine's day, and as always, peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button