Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

A Shabby Chic Friendship Card!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back again with a card I created for the Feeling Sketchy blog, using the latest Card Sketch for our new challenge.
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #138


If you want to participate in this challenge, please make sure to leave a link to your cards or layouts based on this sketch.
We have a great sponsor lined up for this challenge: Crafty Sentiments Designs, who are graciously offering  a prize pack to our winner.

For my card, I went with a Shabby Chic theme.
Using materials from my stash, I was able to create a card that evokes that shabby chic look and feel.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/2" x 6" and uses a piece of craft card stock for the base.
For the card layer, I used a patterned paper from the "Kirby Teesdale" The Paper Studio 12" x 12" paper pad.
I trimmed the paper to 5" x 5 1/2". distressed and inked the edges.
I used liquid glue to attach it to the card base.
Next I added a heart doily from my stash on top of the patterned paper background.
I took a cue from my G+ friend, Angela Conklin, where she layered a patterned paper heart on top of a doily for a card she created on her blog.
I thought it was such a neat idea so I applied that same technique to my card using a heart I cut from a patterned paper in the pad.
I used a template for my heart, inked the edges and adhered it to the center of the doily.



You can just see it peeking out through the embellishments.
With my background complete, I then layered a few pieces of light pink lace on the front.
I made the tag using a manila tag, patterned paper, and a strip of vintage lace that I cut in half.
First, I made sure to ink the edges of the tag before adhering the lace trim.
I then printed out a vintage roses image, fussy cut it out, inked the edges and adhered it to the tag.
I added a few swirls and pearls to embellish the tag, added some twine along the top and distressed by adding some ivory paint splatters.
I used pop dots to adhere the tag to the card base.


To finish the card off, I added some more pearls and swirls, and a vintage resin frame with the sentiment, "Friends, a Priceless Treasure".

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button