Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Say it with Stars: Glitter N Sparkle "Fireworks/Sparkle Challenge!! :)

Hey everyone, it's time for another awesome challenge from the Glitter N Sparkle challenge blog! This week's challenge is "Fireworks and/or Sparkle!! 
Please make sure to stop by the blog, play along, and show us all your sparkly projects.
We have a great sponsor lined up whose graciously offering a wonderful prize pack to our winner

The card I'm featuring today uses the adorable "Lucia" image from the Zuri 
Artsy Craftsy shop.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 3/4" x 7 1/4", and is made from a 12" × 12" sheet of burgundy card stock.
For the image, I wanted to recreate the look of the night sky; and what sparkles more at night than the stars?   
And, if you look closely, you will see the sentiment written in the stars. It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but the sentiment reads, "I <3 U."

Now here are the steps of how I created this starry night scene. 

- First I colored in the image using my alcohol markers.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS9, Beige, R20
-Hair- E70, E29, E79
-Clothes & Hat- RV52, RV55, G43, G46, B12, B14, B18, C08, C06, C03


Once I had the image completed, I went back in with my white Gelly Roll pen to add a few extra details to the outfit,

To create the night sky background, I used two colors of ink; "Night of Navy" & "Perfect Plum" were the colors I chose.
Using my ink blending tool, I started off using the "Perfect Plum" to add color at the bottom of the panel, and I worked my way up.
Next, I used the "Night of Navy," blending it with the "Perfect Plum" and bringing the color towards the top.
I went over it a few times till I achieved the look I was after.

After I was done with sky, I grabbed my G94 & G99 markers to add color and texture to the ground beneath her feet.

For the stars, I used my white gel pen to map out where I wanted them to go.
Next, to add a bit of sparkle, I went over them using my Diamond Stickles.

Now after this step the background was pretty much complete, but I  felt it was missing something.
What's stargazing without a telescope to go with it?
So I looked up an easy telescope image on Google that I could draw.
I found just the one and I drew it out on a scrap of white card stock.
I used my C0, C04, C06, C07 & C08 markers to color it in.
Once I had it filled in, I fussy cut it out, used my black marker along the edges, and adhered it in front of the girl.

Lastly, I trimmed down the image panel, adhered it to a sheet of white card stock, added pop dots to the back, and attached it to the card base. 

And ta-da!!! Card complete!!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy your Sunday and as always, peace!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button