Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

First Ever Art Journal Page featuring Scrap N Dipity images!!

 Hey everyone, happy Saturday to you all!! It's my turn this week to be featured on the Scrap N' Dipity blog. For my project today, I decided to try my hand at something a little different, an art journal. I have been wanting to try to do one for a while now, but never really had the time. So last week I decided I would give it a try and see how it goes. I had a lot of fun creating this page and I look forward to doing a few more. Luckily, I had this wonderful image from the Scrap N' Dipity shop, "Wind in my Hair Fairy," to inspire me.

                                                     Here's the pic for you to check out:



For this art journal page, I'm used a 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" sketchbook I picked up at Hobby Lobby.
To start things off, I first primed my pages using gesso.
Then using some gel medium, I adhered a sheet of tissue paper over the top.
Next, I added some texture to the background using a stencil and some sparkly texture paste.
I added color using my Acqua Dolce & Squid Ink Gelatos from Faber Castell.
I used my heat tool to dry everything.

Next, I used a Hero Arts "Art, Life, Beauty" rubber stamp to add some text to the background.
I used my MementoLuxe Tuxedo Black ink pad made especially for mixed media to stamp the text.
I then stamped a few flourishes using my Inkadinkado "Flourishes" stamp along the opposite corners.
I also ran the black ink pad along the edges and then heat set it.

With my background complete, it was now time to work on the image and other elements I would be using for the pages.
First off, I colored the image in using my alcohol markers. Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                      
                                                            -Skin- FS9, Beige, R20
                                                            -Hair- E70, E29, E79
                                                            -Flowers- RV52, RV63


I fussy cut the image out and added some vellum for the wing.
Then I set it aside to work on the grass layer.
I drew in some grass, colored it in using my G94 & G99 Copic markers, and fussy cut it out.
I adhered it along the bottom of the pages.
Next, I tucked the fairy image behind a few blades of grass to make her look like a part of the scene.

I drew a tree branch, colored it in using my E29 &E79 Copic markers, and fussy cut it out.
I adhered along the top right corner of the page.
Next I die cut a few flowers using my Cuttlebug and some patterned papers.
Then I scattered the flowers throughout the pages, making sure to add some to the tree branch and behind the blades of grass.
I also added a few butterflies that I fussy cut out of some patterned paper.



To make the elements a part of the background, I used my Recollections black water color marker  around each of the elements.
Then, to move the color around a bit used a baby wipe.
I added a few pearls to the flower centers and some paint splatters.

Lastly, I used my Inkadinkado Alpha stamp sets to add the sentiment, " Without change, there would be no Butterflies". I found this quote on Pinterest and thought it would be fitting for this page.

                                                   And voila!! Art Journal page done!!



                                              I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                                     Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of  your day!! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button