Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Simple Christmas Tree Card!!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday!! Hope your day is off to a good start! I just got back from my daughter's school where they performed "The Littlest Christmas Tree" play. It was AWESOME! All the kids did really well. My daughter looked so cute in her little reindeer antlers! I couldn't be prouder! For today's project, I have a simple christmas tree card I made. I've been watching alot of YouTube videos lately and was inspired. Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card size is a standard A2. I went with a green cardstock for the base and layered a piece of white cardstock cut a 1/4" shorter. To give the white cardstock some interest, I stamped a snowflake pattern in a light blue ink. Now for the christmas tree embellishments on the front, I turned to my "faux stamping" technique. I cut out a 2" triangle stencil that I used to trace out the center tree. I took that same stencil and drew 4 more trees an inch smaller than the center one. I cut them all out from white cardstock and watercolored the trees to give them that stamped effect. For the smaller trees, I wanted to give the impression that they were stamped off the page and then stamped onto the background. So I kept the coloring and outline very light. For the center tree, I used a little more color to make it stand out from the rest of the trees, added a few circles for ornaments and a star at the top. To finish it off, I used some glitter pens and stickles to make it sparkle.


Here's a pic of the inside of the card:

 
 I kept the inside fairly simple. I stamped a few snowflakes in the lower right corner, added a silver flourish and the sentiment "Warm Holiday Wishes". And that completes my card!
 
I hope you all enjoyed this card I made. I will end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy your evening! Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button