Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Simple Christmas Card for 2013!

Hey Everyone! Happy "Hump" Day!! I hope you all are having a great day! It feels like it's been forever since I last posted anything! I have to apologize but I've been soooo busy. I'm still in the throes of finishing up christmas decorating. I wanted to be done last weekend but it's been surprisingly so cold over here. You only have a short window before you freeze. Plus, I took the girls to see "Frozen" on Saturday. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it! It's a great movie!! My daughter is having a christmas program at her school tomorrow and I'm very excited for that as well. I finally finished up my Christmas cards to send to family this year. I kept the design very simple and love how it turned out! I had everything cut and ready weeks ago but when it came to assembly time, I couldn't get it to look the way I envisioned. I had to step back and focus on other things before I was able to finish them last night. Here's the pic for your perusal:

 
This card is a standard A2 size.
I used a template to cut a 2" square window on the front. I used an "Ironworks" embossing folder to emboss the left side of the card. It adds an elegant touch while keeping it simple. The bible passage on the front was typed on my computer at 14 pts. using Lucida Calligraphy onto white cardstock. I trimmed it down to 2 1/4" and layered it on a dark blue cardstock. I attached the sentiment to the card front using pop dots.
 
 
I also kept the inside of the card fairly simple.
I used the 2" square piece left over from the front to mount the manger diecut and star. I used three different inkpads in a dark purple, dark blue and light blue to mimic the night sky and add color to the square. The manger diecut was cut from Cricut @ 2' and directly adhered to the square. I used a silver and gold glitter pen to add some stars and a halo over the baby. I'm so happy that the pic picked up on those subtle glittery additions.  I cut the star out with my Cricut @ 1 1/4" and I double embossed it using first clear and then a shimmery powder to make it stand out. I love how sparkly this star came out! I mounted it on to the square with pop dots for a 3D effect. The sentiment "Peace" was stamped using my new Tsukineko Staz On Copper inkpad. This stuff is awesome!!
And that completes this holiday card for 2013!!!
 
I hope you all enjoyed this simple christmas card! It feels good to be able to take some time and post this for you all!  Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button