Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Few Holiday Projects!! :)

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! Thank goodness the weekend is here, finally!! Unfortunately, I'm too stiff from the cold here that I'm cancelling my weekly Happy Dance! :( The weather down here in Louisiana has been cold, rainy and blah!! But I will say that this is perfect weather to get some crafting done which is exactly what I did. For today's post, I have a few quick projects I wanted to share with you all.  Here's the pic of the first project I did this week:

 
This is my take on those cute snowglobe mason jars, I've seen popping up everywhere.
I went in a different direction by using vases I bought at a local flea market. I added some dots of snow to the outside of the vases with white paint. I also sponged some of the paint along the bottom to enhance the snowy look. For the inside, I added some fake snow and arranged trees and a figurine from my christmas village to set the scene.
 
Here's a pic of the second project I completed:
 
 
I jazzed up these frames that I put up every year.
I wanted to dress them up a bit for a display I did for my entertainment center.
For the frame on the left, I re-used my chipboard letter stickers from Thanksgiving to create the sentiment. At the bottom right, I used my "faux stamp" technique to create these christmas lights. I added a piece of gold wire to anchor the lights and give it a 3D look. I just adhered all the pieces down with some tacky glue and let it dry.
For the frame on the right, I used the same "faux stamp" technique and chipboard letters.
 
 
Here's a pic of the final project I did for today:
 
 
I love how this turned out!
I made a garland for the front of my entertainment center. The inspiration for the materials used came from my local dollar store. Hubby and I were there getting a few things when we came across this garland to hold your holiday cards. The lightbulb went off inside my head and I knew I had to try to make one. Luckily, I had all the materials at home. The string used for this project is a jute twine ny hubby picked up last week. I taped it to the front and added a bow and two ornaments at the ends.
 

 
The sentiment "Merry" was cut from my Cricut @ 4"and embossed using the D'Vine Swirls folder.
 
 
To attach the letters to the string I used wooden clothespins. I dressed them up by cutting a basic tree shape in various shades and patterns of green cardstock. For the trees, I used gel pens, hole punches and an embossing folder to give them added interest.
 
 
 
I adhered the trees to the clothespin base with some Scotch Quick dry and finished them off with the addition of a punched out gold star. And Phew! and Voila! my projects are complete!!
 
Any of these projects featured can be customized to fit your decor needs. I love the look of the garland and I plan to make a few more to hang up stockings and cards. But I hope you all enjoyed these projects today! I was definitely in the crafting zone today. Auto-Pilot probably describes my day best!! I'll end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy your evening and stay warm (for those expecting snow this weekend). I think I'll curl up with a hot cup of coffee, my snuggie and watch some crafting videos. Sounds like a plan. Peace!! :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button