Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Pumpkin Pickin" Layout

Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! Hope you all are crafting up a storm. I have another 12 x 12 layout I did for another challenge over at CARDZ TV.  It's their CARDZ TV GO-TO GALZ LINKY PARTY CHALLENGE #6 "PUMPKIN PATCH" . Phew! Try saying that five times fast! I did this layout over the weekend and went a different route with the color scheme. Not your traditional Fall colors but it has a crisp feel. Here's the pic of the layout:


 
I went with blues, greens and orange for this page. I think the complimentary colors work very well together. The papers used all came from different ColorBok paper stacks. I used a green border I cut at 1 1/2"x 12" to fit the page end to end. I then used decorative scissors from Fiskars called Pisces to cut the edge. The sentiment "Pumpkin Pickin", I cut from a paper stack and just inked the edges in green and orange. I made a banner from embroidery floss and attached the letters Pumpkin to it.
 
The bottom layer of the page has 2 green borders I cut at 2". I freehanded the grassy edge and chalked them for added depth. The pumpkins I cut from Cricut Craft Room starting at 2" for the smaller ones and 3 1/2" for the larger ones. I used a brown color pencil for the lines on the pumpkins and then clear embossed them for a 3D effect. I adhered the first layer of grass to the page, then the pumpkins and then added the second layer of grass on top; to mimic pumpkins in a field.
 
I also added a photo mat that can accomodate a 4x6 photo. ( To be added later. If I can remember to print it out.) Now, for the interesting aspect of this layout. The banners that frame the photo mat and the pumpkin stems were all cut using paint chips. Paint chips? Yes, you read correctly. Those paint samples that you can get from almost anywhere they sell paint. I used those in varying colors of blue and green and added it to my layout. I think it gives it a different feel and is certainly an unexpected addition to the page.
 
*I forgot to mention that I added pastel green brads to every other letter in the Pumpkin banner*
 
And there you have it, a pumpkin layout using non traditional colors and paint chips. I had alot of fun making this page. The results speak for itself. I will definitely be stocking up on more paint samples to use on future projects. There are so many fun colors and the posssibilities are endless. 
 
I will end this post here. I hope to post the cover of my paper bag album tomorrow, once it's completed. I have a few other projects I'm brainstorming and I hope to post those soon. Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button