Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday! This will be quick little post so I can get back to working on my paper bag album series. I made a cute halloween banner and the best part is it's magnetic. Here's the pic:

 
Isn't it cute?! It was really simple to make. I used orange cardstock that I cut into triangles measuring 2 1/2 x 4 1/4". The word "BOO" and the the trim were cut from a ColorBok stack I have called "Chateau Noir". I also used this paper in my "Something Wicked" scrapbook layout. I used an embosssing pen and Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Black Soot to make the letters black. This was my first time using this product and I love it. After heating the powder, you let it cool and then gently rub some of it off for a distressed look. I also stenciled a skull and crossbones design on the triangles using an orange inkpad.
 
Now the two black flags inbetween the triangles may look like cardstock but it's actually black bamboo bags. My husband bought a box of 200 from Ebay and said, "Here Honey. What can you make with these?. After the initial shock wore off, it came to me that I could use these for this Halloween banner. Now, I have to think of 198 more ways I can use these! Now, these bags are great for this project because they don't have a drawstring and they stay flat. I did not have to sew or glue them closed. I cut the skull and crossbones decorating the bags from a Cricut cartridge entitled "Over the Hill". I embossed them with clear embossing powder to give it a nice look and then inked around with a gray inkpad. I used the negative after removing the design as a stencil for the triangles. Great Tip for using those leftover pieces from your Cricut.
 
Finally, I made some rosettes and added black buttons to the centers. I used 1" wooden knobs painted black and black embroidery floss, to adhere the pieces and magnets. And, Voila my banner is complete.
 
This little beauty I have hanging on my fridge. I hope you enjoyed this quick little project. It was fun to make. I will end this post here so you can go back to enjoying your Sunday. Peace!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button