Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a great Wednesday! It was a good day for me cause I finally accomplished what I set out to do. ( If you're thinking the scrapbook page I posted yesterday, uh uh. I'm still working on it. You can't really rush the creative process. It be awesome if you could though).  I'm talking about making a Halloween card. I think it came out pretty cute for it being my first Halloween card ever! Here are the pics:

 
The card is a standard A2 Size (4 1/4x 51/2). I used black cardstock for the base and purple paper for the layer. I embossed the purple paper using the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. I absolutely LOVE this folder and I use it alot when I make cards. I added a 1" strip of patterned green paper for added color. The green paper came from a DCWV Timeless Texture stack I got from Joann"s a few months back. But the cutest element on this card is the witch's laundry hanging on the line.


The inside of the card I kept pretty simple. I just repeated the purple and green layers to tie it together.


Here are a few close up pics of the witchy laundry. I got the idea from the Holiday Crafts mag from Better Homes and Gardens.They used this idea to make a decoration for a mantle using felt. I took that concept and I freehanded the clothing, shoes, and hat to fit a card base. The witchy dress used a patterned black cardstock from that same DCWV stack. I added purple embroidery floss and tied it into a bow. The stockings I cut from black cardstock and I cut strips of that green patterned paper for the stripes. The hat is black cardstock as well and has a black satin ribbon for the brim and a yellow buckle for added interest.
 
Now in this pic you can see the AWESOME witchy shoes I designed. Can you see the red sparkly glitter? That's a little homage I paid to my all time favorite movie from childhood, "Wizard Of Oz". I could of just left the shoes black but where's the fun in that. Lastly, I pop dotted all the clothing on green embroidery floss to appear as if it's hanging on the line to dry.
 
I absolutely enjoyed making this card! It was alot of fun for me to try something different. And the result I hope speaks for itself.
 
I will end this post here and I will post the finished scrapbook page sometime this week. Have a great night everyone and Peace! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button