Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Hey Everyone! It's F.R.I.D.A.Y, People! The weekend is almost here and that means a chance to try new things and get crafty. My weekend started early cause the kids were off from school. In Louisiana,  they get a day off for the fair that's going on this week. When I spoke to my mom yesterday, she asked me if they also get Columbus Day off too. I said no and she replied," I guess they don't believe Columbus discovered America down there". When she said that I couldn't help but laugh. My mom is pretty awesome and her and I share the same kind of humor.

Now in my last post I promised some pics of some more christmas tags I've made. But I also did a craft project for Halloween per the suggestion of my sis. Thanks sis!  Here is what I came up with and I'm proud to say it was all me. I think I deserve a cookie for that. Just Kidding. Here's the pics:

 
I LOVE how this frame came out. I used a shadow box my hubby got from a yard sale. I printed an excerpt of "The Raven" poem from my computer.  I dipped it in coffee and dried it with my heat tool to achieve an aged look. I also tore the edges and inked them with a brown ink pad. This shadow box did not have a back piece, so I macgyvered it using a back piece from another frame and glued the excerpt to it.
I did not smooth the paper down as I glued it. I felt it added alot of texture and interest.
 
 
The title I cut from a ColorBok paper stack that included lettering. I glued only half of the letters to the frame to give it a 3D effect.
 
 
Thr tombstone I cut from my Cricut using the Over The Hill cartridge. I freehanded the RIP in the middle and then cut out the negative space surrounding the letters. I also used a stardust gel pen to color it in. I did some chalking and doodling to give the appearance of stone. ( I also did this technique to the Nevermore letters.)
 
 
 
Now the piece de resistance, is this AWESOME RAVEN framing the corner.
The raven came from my local Dollar General. It's a silhouette we used for Halloween window decorations. It comes in a pack and I took three of them and glued it together. I added embossing and doodling to achieve the look of feathers. And I colored in the eye using a white gel pen and a black rhinestone to make it look realistic. CAW!
 
 This frame makes an awesome addition to any halloween decor. You can also keep it displayed all year long or give it to an Edgar Allan Poe Fan, like myself. But I promised my 14 year old, she could display it in her room. She Loves Edgar Allan Poe as much as I do.
 
This project took no time at all and I pretty much had everything I needed to make this. Would I make another one like this? The answer is YES! As long as I don't have to make it with SPIDERS! They really crteep me out!!!!
 
So I hope you enjoyed this project. I had alot of fun creating it. Tomorrow I will post the christmas tags I made. And give you all the details on how I did it.
 
Enjoy the rest of your F.R.I.D.A.Y, people and Peace!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button