Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fourh Page... Done!

Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday to you all! Can't believe it but my favorite day is almost here! To celebrate, I was able to finish the fourth page in my paper bag album series. Originally, this page was done over the weekend. All it needed was a coordinating tag. I took it out to adhere to the album and thought "Man, what was I thinking when I made this?!" I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm sure we have all done a project and thought it was awesome . Then looking at it days later you wonder "Did my brain take a leave of absence? I certainly don't remember making this?" That was the feeling I got when I saw the original page. I decided to redo it with different papers and embellishments and was pleased with the final result. I only wish I didn't destroy the original, I could've added the pic into this post. I have to remember that for next time. But here's the pic of the page fully remastered:

 
Voila! What you see is a 5 x 10 page in hues of pinks, blues and greens. I love these colors together! I like to think of them as Happy Colors! Keep in mind, I'm still using the ColorBok stack for this album. It's just a matter of mixing and matching papers to achieve a different look. The base is pink but I added a border I made from different papers to the top. The sentiment "Happy Thoughts" I cut from a patterned sheet and attached to a pink background. I layered the sentiment on top of each other to make it fit the page. I also inked the edges and added flowers I cut for added interest. In the right hand corner, you see some more of those paint chip banners which I can't get enough of.
 
Going down to the photo mat, I used a blue patterned paper for that and attached it to the same pink paper as the sentiment. With the addition of the chipboard pieces on the left, it gives the mat added texture. I customized these pieces myself with papers from the stack. I used Crystal Effects and Stickles to make them stand out. On the lower left, I placed a few more paint chip banners and added a homemade wreath. This wreath was made using a metal shower curtain ring. I just wrapped it in pink satin ribbon, added cut flowers and punched leaves. For the bow, I glued it directly to the page above the wreath using that same pink satin ribbon. I LOVE how this wreath came out and it really gives the page that extra OOMPF! I LOVE how this page turned out so much better than the original!
 
I also made another double-sided tag to go along with it and here are the pics for that:
 
 
Just added the same border as the page to the bottom.
 
 
Finishing touch is the pink ribbon.
 
 
And there you have it! The fourth page remastered is complete! I hope you enjoyed this project. It was a challenge starting from scratch but the result speaks for itself. I will end this post here and wish everyone a Good Night and Peace! :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button