Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hey Everyone! Happy "Hump" Day!! And Halloween is tomorrow and I can't wait! In honor of this most creepiest of holidays, I made a ZOMBIES! Halloween tag. This project just came together pretty quickly, you could say I was possessed at the time of its creation. Check out the pic if you dare:

 
What do you think? I think a Zombie would be thrilled to have this. Just attach to a gift box or a jar of brains and give it to that special Zombie in your life. Now what I did to create this tag was simple. But your Zombie doesn't have to know that. I just took a standard tag and inked the entire surface with a purple inkpad. I then took a stamp that hubby made for me and inked the background pattern with Staz-On jet black ink. I tore two pieces of the green striped paper and inked that with black and glued it to opposite corners. I used my white gel pen to add faux stitching.  It gives it that just operated look, which is in right now.
 
 Now for the zombie, I freehanded the shape and used my X-acto knife to cut it out. I glued it to a piece of chipboard, and clear embossed it. For the exposed brains effect, I used a Staedtler Fine Point pen in Red and my white gel pen. I love this effect! In person it really has that exposed brains look that all zombies are trying to achieve this fall. I also used the red pen to draw creepy blood trails and drips. Since I embossed the surface, the red and white pens stand out against the silhouette I made. With the negative space left over from cutting out the shape, I used it as a stencil to add more creepiness. To finish it off I wrote Zombies! on the tag in black and red pens and added more faux stitching. And ta-da!, my Zombie tag is complete.
 
I hope you all enjoyed this project. I had a spooky time creating it. I will end this post here but hold on.....
 
 
 
 
Sorry, some Zombie was knocking on my door asking for "Barbara". I sent him next door to my neighbor's. Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button