Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

"Thinking of You Card" plus a New Challenge!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope your day is off to a good start! For today's post, I have a card I created for the newest challenge over at the Glitter N' Sparkle Challenge blog.
The theme for this week is: Sun, Moon, & Stars (Space).
We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge:


They are graciously offering prize packs for our Top 3 winners
So, please make sure to swing by the Glitter N' Sparkle blog to play along!

Now, the card I'm featuring today uses the "Shabby Chic Birdhouse" image from Beccy's Place.
This is a wonderful image to color, and I had fun altering it to fit the theme.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


First, I printed out the birdhouse image twice on a sheet of white card stock. I drew in a few extra details, like the sun, moon and stars image across the front and the robin sitting on top. I penciled everything in and darkened the lines using my fine tip black marker. Once I achieved the look I was going for, I then went in with my alcohol markers.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Birdhouse- E70, E74, E99, E29, E79
-Roses, leaves & ribbon- RV000, RV63, RV55, G94, G99, B00, B12
-Robin- E94, E99, C01, C02, C03, C04, C06
-Sun, Moon & Stars- Y15, Y18, E99, B00, B14, V25, Light & Dark Blue gel pen, Orange gel pen


With all the image colored in, I added a few highlights to  the robin, birdhouse, and ribbon using my white gel pen. Next, I fussy cut the image out and set it aside to work on the background.

I used the second printout of the image as a panel, trimming it down to 3 7/8" x 6 1/2," and using my Distress Ink in "Broken China," to add color to the background. I started off by concentrating the color along the bottom and softening it as I worked my way up. Once I was satisfied with the color, I adhered the colored in image on top of the background. Next, I added some clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to add interest. I went around the edges of the panel adding dash lines with my white gel pen. 
For the card base, I trimmed a sheet of white card stock to 5 3/4" x 7 3/8" and added another layer of white card stock on top. For the card layer, I used a Martha Stewart "Lace Doily" border punch. Next, I adhered the image panel to the card layer. To finish the card off, I stamped the sentiment, "You're never more than a thought away," and added a few iridescent sequins.

And voila! Card complete!


                                                   I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                                Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button