Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Mixed Media Pendant and an "Anything Goes" Challenge from DTC!!

Hey everyone, happy Friday to you all! I hope your Friday is off to a great start! For today's post, I'm sharing a pendant I created for my daughter as part of the latest "Anything Goes" challenge from the Decorate To Celebrate blog. Make sure to stop by the DTC blog to play along with us!
                                                 
                                                     Here's a pic for you to check out:


For the pendant, I used a blank dog tag I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I mod-podged a piece of patterned tissue paper that I made on top of the dog tag. After I let it dry, I attached a jewelry clasp to it using some small nails.

Next, I sprayed over the entire pendant using my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.



To add some interest, I adhered a coiled piece of jewelry wire and a small propeller on top of the clasp.
To finish off the dog tag, I added the "Own Your Dreams," sentiment, from a Tim Holtz Ideology "Remnant Rubs "Special Delivery" set.
Finally, I added the tag to a chain I purchased from Hobby Lobby.

And ta-da! Pendant complete!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button