Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"Out of Limitations comes Creativity" Mixed Media Butterfly card!

Hi everyone, happy "Hump" day to you all! I hope your Wednesday is off to a good start! For today's post, I wanted to share a card I made as part of the Decorate To Celebrate  design team, for their newest, "Anything Goes" challenge. Please make sure to stop by the DTC blog if  you want to play along.
                                                 Here's a pic of the card for you to check out:


The card measures 4 1/2"  x 5 1/2," and uses a sheet of Tim Holtz "Menagerie" patterned paper for the base. I distressed the edges of he paper, and then set it aside to work on the main image.

I cut a sheet of water color paper to 4" x 5" to create my panel. I wanted to create a subtle pattern on the paper, and to achieve this I used my Prima stamp set (Item #551056) and my "Sahara Sand," Stampin' Up ink pad. I chose a few of the images from the set to create the background.

Next, I used a Tim Holtz Ideaology "Limitations" stamp set for the butterfly, stars, and fig. column.
I stamped these images on using my VersaMark ink, sprinkled black embossing powder over the top, and heat set it. Once everything was set, it was time to do some water coloring.

I used my Distress Markers in "Shabby Shutters" and "Victorian Velvet" to add color to the panel.
Then, I used the "Shabby Shutters" in the center, concentrating the color mainly on the butterfly. I kept the color dark in the center, and let it slowly fade out from there. I used my heat tool to dry the panel before adding the next color. Next, I added color to the rest of the panel with a wash of "Victorian Velvet."


                     I used my Glimmer Mist, in "Kraft," to add a bit of shimmer to the background.

    To finish the card off, I added brown cording tied in a bow, and the sentiment, "Out of Limitations      comes Creativity".  I adhered the image panel to the card base using pop dots.

                                                        
                                                               And voila! Card complete!


                                                     I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                                        Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button