Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

"Let's Fly Away" Card: LBBS DT Project!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope you are having a relaxing day! Today marks the newest releases for this month from the Little Blue Button Stamps shop. Olga has outdone herself with these wonderful images, so please make sure to head over to the store to check them out! For today's post, I have a card I created using the "Travel Digi Stamp". 

Here's a pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/2" x 6 1/2," and uses a sheet of card stock as the base.
For the image, I wanted to add a cool background that would tie in the travel theme. After a bit of thought, I decided that re-creating an airport scene would be perfect for the backdrop. So, I headed to Google images and found a picture that I could draw to fit the image. I penciled in the airplane, windows, and flooring. Next, I darkened the lines using my fine tip black marker. I then colored everything in using my alcohol markers.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
Background:
- Sky- B00, B12
-Airplane- C0, C01, C02, C03, C04, C05, C06, C07, G46, G28
-Window Frame- C03, C04
-Flooring- C01, C03

Main Image:
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E18, E70, E74, E79
-Clothing- B00, B12, RV000, RV14, B12, B14, E70, E74, C06, C08
-Suitcase- G46, G28


I added highlights to the image using my white gel pen. Next, I trimmed the image panel down to 4 7/8" x 6", and backed it on a sheet of white card stock that I cut at 5" x 6 1/8".
I adhered the panel to the card base and added Glossy Accents to the windows.

To finish the card off, I stamped the sentiment "Let's Fly Away" on a scrap piece of tan card stock, flagged the ends and added it to the image.

Finally, I used the Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs "Special Delivery," set, to add the "Adventure Awaits" sentiment.

And voila! Card complete!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)


Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button