Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Beauty" Steampunk Inspired Card!!

Hey everyone, I'm back with another great challenge from the Glitter N' Sparkle Challenge blog! The theme for this week's challenge is: " Use a Punch and/or Die." Please make sure to head over to the GNS blog to play along! 
We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge who are offering some fabulous prizes to our Top 3 winners. They are:



Here's a pic of the card I created using the "Steampunk Tasha" image from Digital Delights:


The card measures 4 7/8" x 6 1/8," and uses a sheet of patterned paper from a Tim Holtz "Menagerie" 8" x 8" paper pad.  For the card layer, I used a sheet of aluminum foil that I adhered to a sheet of white card stock. I trimmed it down to 4 1/4" x 5 3/4," and ran it through my Tim Holtz Idealogy embossing folder. I used gold gel paint to color the foil and my Glimmer Mist in "Craft," to deepen the color further and give it a metallic look. Next, I used my tape runner to adhere it to the card base.

For the image, I used my alcohol markers to color her in, and here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E18, Y00, Y13, Y18
-Steampunk Outfit- E97, E99, E29, E70, E74, gold metallic marker


I brushed Glossy Accents over the "faux" metallic parts that I colored in using my E97, E99, & E29 Copic markers.
I added some ground below the image using my C01 & C03 markers.
Next, I added some shading around the image using my B00 & 0 colorless blender Copic markers.I trimmed the image panel down to 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" and stamped gears in the corners using a Stampendous clear stamp set. I added a few brads to the centers of the gears and attached it to the card base using pop dots.

To finish the card off, I added a few wood veneer gears that I colored with my Glimmer Mist and embellished with sequins.
Finally, I used vintage alphabet buttons to create the sentiment, "Beauty."

And ta-da! Card complete!

 

I hope you enjoyed this card for today! 
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button