Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Coloring Book Inspired card featuring Little Blue Button Stamps!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend! Let's get this week started off right with a card I made featuring the "Painter," image from the Little Blue Button Stamps shop! This image is part of the shop's new releases for this month, There's plenty of new images to see in the LBBS shop, so please make sure to head over there to check it out.
                                                      
                                         Now here's a pic of the card I made using the image:


The card measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/2," and uses a sheet of white card stock as the base. For the card layer, I adhered a sheet of patterned paper from a Recollections, "All Occasions," 12' x 12" paper pad, trimming it down to 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". I then set the card aside to work on the image.

I printed the image on white card stock and drew in a background scene and some paint splatters.I wanted to give the background a coloring book feel with the image adding color to her world.
Once I had everything penciled in, I used my fine tip, black marker to darken the lines.
Next, it was time to color everything in using my alcohol markers.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Background-
-Sky- B12, C01, C02
-Tree & grass- E74, E79, G94, G99

-Main Image-
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E29, RV19, RV55
-Outfit- Y00, Y13, Y15, R14, R17, R27, E94, E99,  C01, C02
-Paint brushes- C06, C08, Gold gel pen


For the paint splatters on her dress, I filled them using the same colors I used in the background. I used my Glossy Accents to make the splatters pop. Next, I trimmed the image panel down to 3 7/8" x 6". Then, I drew in a 1/8" border around the image and filled it in using my 100 Black Copic marker. I adhered the panel to the card base using pop dots.

To complete the card, I stamped a sentiment, "Every possibility begins with the courage to imagine..." from the Tim Holtz Alterations, "Possibilities," stamp set.
This is an awesome set because it includes a set of dies to go along with the stamps. So, once I had the sentiment stamped out, I was able to use my Cuttlebug to die cut it as well.

 And ta-da! Card complete!


I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day! :)


Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button