Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Vintage Inspired Coffee/Tea Sign!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog! I created a quick sign for my kitchen featuring the lovely, "Elizabeth" digi.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a 5 x 7" canvas for this project.
I used a 6 x 6" sheet of double sided paper from the Teresa Collins "Vintage Finds" paper pad for the background.
I added the reverse side of the paper along the edges.

I printed the image onto a sheet of white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- C00, C02
-Hair- C03, C05, C07
-Cup and Saucer- C03, C05
-Shoes- C05, C07

I wanted to mimic the look of an old black and white photo, hence the color scheme.
I fussy cut the image out, added highlights using my white gel pen, and adhered her to the background using pop dots.


I used Heidi Swapp Chipboard Alphas in Black for the words "Coffee" and "Tea".
I added highlights to the letters using a white gel pen.



To finish the canvas off, I adhered a few Recollections flowers, added decorative brads to the centers and drew in some flourishes.
Lastly, a black and white polka dot ribbon adhered to the back completes the look.

And ta-da!! Sign complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


If you would like to purchase the image used in today's project, please click the link: Jiggery makery Etsy Shop to visit the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button