Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Tea Time Quick and Easy Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery  blog. For my project, I created a quick and easy card featuring the newest image from the Jiggery Makery etsy store , "Elizabeth".
                                                       Here's the pic for you to check out:



The card measures 5 1/2 × 5 1/2".
I used a patterned paper from the Recollections "Garden Floral" 8 1/2 × 11" paper pad as my card layer.
I trimmed it to 5 1/4 × 5 1/4" and used my ATG to adhere to the card base.
 With the background of the card complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

For the image, I printed it out and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin - FS1, FS4, CR3
- Hair - Tan, Honey Brown, Cinnamon, E18
- Shoes and Lips- RV14


I paper pieced the teacup and saucer using a floral paper from the same Recollections paper pad.
I used a C02 marker to add some shading and a gold marker to fancy it up a bit.
I added some highlights using my white gel pen and added Glossy Accents to the shoes, teacup and saucer.
I let the Glossy Accents dry thoroughly and then fussy cut the image.
I used a fine tip brown marker around the edges and set it aside to finish up the card.

I cut a 4 1/2 × 5" rectangle out of white card stock, added a patterned paper frame around it, and attached it to the card at an angle.
I then used foam tape to attach the image inside of the frame.

To finish it off, I added some Recollections flowers, pearls, and the sentiment "Tea Time".

                                                            And voila! Card complete!



I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Before I wrap up this post, just wanted to share really quickly, my daughter's take on this image.
I normally don't let her color these types of images but I told her this was a one time only deal.
I think she did a great job and here's the pic for you to check out:


                  She has certainly taken to coloring like a pro and I couldn't be any prouder.
                        Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button