Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Autumn Leaves Quick and Easy Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start! For today's post, I have a quick and easy card I made using the "Fall Leaves" stamp set from the Two Paper Divas June Stamp release. This is a great stamp set featuring a variety of leaves just right for your upcoming Fall projects.
                                           
                                                    Here's the pic for you to check out:

 The card measures 4 3/4 x 5 1/2" and is a top folding card.

I used a Hampton Art ki "Berry Blast" 6 x 6 paper pad for my card layers.
I trimmed the brown and burnt orange papers to 4 1/2' x 5 1/4" and 4 1/4 x 5".
I adhered the brown paper for the card base using adhesive.
I decided to hold off on adhering the burnt orange layer until I had the image panel complete.

I stamped a few of the leaves on a scrap piece of watercolor paper using Staz On Jet black ink.
I used my Recollections watercolor markers to color them in.
                                                           Here's the colors I used:
                                                            -Yellow
                                                            -Light Orange
                                                            -Orange
                                                            -Cherry
                                                            -Cranberry
                                                            -Dark Brown



I water colored the leaves a few times, mixing different colors to get an ombre effect.
Once my leaves were dry, I fussy cut them out and used a bone folder to curl them slightly to get a  realistic look.
I arranged them on a white card stock panel, that I trimmed to 4 x 4 3/4".
Once I had the placement just right, I adhered them down and trimmed off any overhanging pieces.
I then went in with a fine tip black marker to add some swirls around the leaves.
I used my tape runner to attach the image panel to the burnt orange paper and used pop dots to adhere it to the card base.

To finish off the card, I added some Diamond Stickles to the leaves, a few sequins, and the sentiment "Autumn Leaves" from a sticker sheet.

                                                            And ta-da!! Card complete!!


                                                    I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                 Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button