Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Quick and Easy Invitation!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog!! For today's post, I wanted to share an invitation I created featuring the newest digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop, "Victoria".
This is a beautiful image dressed in an elegant ball gown type dress.
The dress is perfect to color in either using watercolors or alcohol markers or paper piecing.
For this project, I chose to paper piece the dress and add a few extra details.

                                    Without further ado, here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a sheet of white card stock cut down to 5 1/2 x 8 1/8" to create the base for the invitation.
I then took a sheet of Recollections "Garden Floral" patterned paper, cut it down to 5 x 7 3/4", and adhered it to the base.
I cut another sheet of white card stock to 3 x 5" and glued it on top of the patterned paper.
I then took my fine tip black marker to write out the "Date", "Time", "Place", and "RSVP by".
With the invitation almost complete, I set it aside to work on the image.


I printed the image out on white card stock and on a neutral patterned paper.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, FS4, CR3
-Hair- B00, C02, C04, C06, C08


I used C02 and C03 markers to add some shading to the dress.
I cut the dress out and adhered it to the image I colored in.
I then fussy cut it out and colored in the top of the dress and gloves using a CR3 marker.
I added a pearl necklace and decorative brad to finish the look off.
I took my bone folder and run it along the bottom half of the dress to give it a poufy appearance.
I used pop dots to adhere the image to the invitation.

To finish it off, I added some cherry blossom stickers in the corners and Glossy Accents to the dress.

                                                         And voila!! Invitation complete!!



                                              I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                            Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button