Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thinking of You Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday!! I'm back with another great card sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the pic of Card Sketch #116:



This sketch is up and running now through March 14th.
Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the beautiful projects  from the DT members.
Our sponsor for this challenge: Paper Crafting World, is and they are offering a great prize pack to the winner of this challenge, a $20 Download.

Here's the pic of the card I created based on this latest sketch:


The card base is Neenah Desert Storm card stock measuring 5 x 5 1/2".
I used a scallop punch to create a decorative border along the bottom edge.
I then layered a sheet of pink patterned paper from a Recollections "Garden Floral" pack.
I inked the edges with Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I added some stitching lines with my white gel pen and used my ATG gun to adhere it to the card base.
I added a 1" strip of  pink paper to the inside of the card.

I used my Cricut Explore machine to cut two tag shapes @ 5" out of Neenah Desert Storm card stock and neutral patterned paper.
I layered the tags together, adhered them, and inked the edges.
I added a paper doily to either side of the tag and some lace trim along the bottom.
I attached a pink brad and some pearls along the top edge.
I used some foam tape to adhere it to the card base.

For the peacock, I die cut it @ 4" from the Cricut Explore machine.
I used my C01 and C03 Copic markers to add some shading and detail.
I layered some pink paper behind the die cut, and added some pearls to the feathers and eye.
I used my R20 marker to color in the feathers on the top and some Glossy Accents to the beak and feathers.
I then used some foam tape to attach it to the tag.


To finish off the card, I added the "Thinking of You" sentiment, a Recollections flower and some pearls.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button