Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Big Hugs Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! For today's post I have a card I created for the 7 Kids College Fund Anything Goes Challenge #120.
This is my first time playing along and I used this adorable digi from the C.C Designs Facebook group called "Swiss Pixie".
I used my alcohol markers to color her in, plus some paper piecing for her outfit.
Here's the pic for you to check out : 


I used Neenah Desert Storm card stock to create an A2 size card base.
I added a 4 x 5 1/4" floral patterned paper as my card layer.
I used my white gel pen to create some stitch lines along the edges.

For the card panel, I cut a sheet of pink patterned paper to 3 1/8 x 4 1/2.
I added a 1/2" strip of the Neenah card stock along the bottom and some lace trim along the edges.
I used my ATG gun to adhere it to the card base.
I added some stitching lines to the panel with my white gel pen.

I printed the image onto white card stock and colored her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3 
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna  


I used some coordinating papers from a Recollections "Garden Floral" pack to paper piece her clothing and barrette.
I used my C01 and C03 markers to add shading and depth.
I added a few pearls and Stickles to dress up her top a bit.
I fussy cut her out and used foam tape to add her to the card base.
As a final touch, I added some Glossy Accents to her eyes and barrette.

For the sentiment "Big Hugs", I used the CardzTV stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts" and a Martha Stewart Clear Label stamp.
I added a pearl for the exclamation point and foam tape to attach it to the card.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button