Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Love Takes Courage Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start. For today's post, I have a Design Team project for the Party Time Tuesdays blog. 
This project is part of the Anything Goes Challenge, which is up and running through April 6.
We have a great sponsor lined up for this challenge, Spectrum Noir. 
So make sure you head over to the Party Time Tuesdays blog to play along and check out the awesome projects the DT members have created to inspire you.
With that said, let's move on to the canvas I created.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used an 8 x 8 1/2" canvas board for this project.
I painted a coat of gesso over the entire surface and set it aside to dry.
I then used some sprays in the colors pink, blue and black.
I made sure to concentrate the pink color in the center and the blue and black colors towards the edges.
To add a bit of texture to the canvas, I used a dot stencil and some homemade texture paste.
I added the texture paste to a few spots and set it aside to dry.

For the image, I used this drawing my 15 year old made for me.
I just scanned it into the computer and printed it out on white card stock.
I colored it in using my RV19 and E18 markers
For the bandage across the heart, I used my Dusky Pink and Tan ProMarkers.
For the rib cage and backbone, I used my C01 and C03 markers.
Once I had the image colored in, I added a few layers together to give it dimension.
I then set aside to work on the rest of the canvas.

I drew a set of wings out of white card stock, fussy cut them out, and adhered them to the background.
I added some shading with my C01 and C03 markers.
I then added some more texture to the center of the canvas using a heart doily as a stencil and my black paint spray.
I then adhered the heart image on top of the wings.

To add some interest, I stamped some hearts, words, lock and key in Staz On Jet Black ink.
For the sentiment, I stamped the phrase, "Love Takes Courage" onto white card stock, cut the words apart and arranged them on the canvas.
I darkened the outline around the heart using a fine tip black marker and added some stitching lines.

And voila!! Canvas complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button