Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Altered Clipboard Project!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team make for the Jiggery Makery blog. This week's project features the newest digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop, "Darlene". 
For today's project, I thought I would try my hand at altering a clipboard.
I added flowers, did some stamping and a few sticker elements to create it.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a 9 x 11 1/2" clipboard that I purchased from my local WalMart.
I painted the entire surface with a coat of gesso and then inked it with brown ink.
I added some lace stickers to frame the edges of the clipboard.
I used a sheet of 12 x 12" patterned paper from the Kirby Teasdale Studio pack from Hobby Lobby as my background.
I tore the edges, inked them and used mod podge to adhere it to the clipboard.
 I then whitewashed the paper to tone down the pattern a bit.
Once dry, I used a Graphic 45 harlequin stamp and a Tim Holtz ruler and stitching lines stamps to add texture and interest.
I added some dots over the stamped images using a dot stencil and Antique Linen Distress Paint.
To finish off the background, I added a few acrylic paisley and flourish pieces.
I then set the clipboard aside to begin work on the image.

For the image, I printed it on white card stock and used my alcohol markers and paper piecing to fill her in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon
-Corset, Stockings, Shoes- C01, C02, C03, C07
-Stool- CR3, C02
Dress Form, Legs- CR3, Blush, Tan, Cinnamon


For the dress, I used a pink polka dot patterned paper and my C03 to add shading.
I adhered the image to a sheet of Neenah Desert Storm card stock, roughed up the edges  and inked them.
I stamped a stitching line along the right hand side.
I added a few thimbles to the bottom left corner and a Graphic 45 Metal Clothespin that says "Create" along the top.
I then backed the image panel on sheets of floral and neutral patterned papers.
I tore the edges, inked them and stamped them.
I used my ATG gun and pop dots to adhere them to the background.

I used a number of embellishments to bring this project to life.
I added a few Prima and Recollections flowers, lace trim, seam binding, twine bows and stamped pieces.


To finish it off, I adhered an acrylic bird, pearls, Glossy Accents to the stamped elements and the phrase "Its the little things that make life more enjoyable".



And voila!! Clipboard complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button