Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Cozy Christmas card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
This time around I created a card featuring "Cindy" from the Jiggery Makery Etsy store.
This was a fun image to color and I created a nice backdrop for her as well.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base measures 5 1/2 x 6 1/2" using  ivory card stock.
I drew a fireplace on the card base and colored it in using my RV14 and C05 Copic markers.
I cut a 1" strip of ivory card stock and colored it in using my E18 Copic marker.
I added it to the completed fireplace to mimic a mantle piece.
I cut a few strips of ivory patterned paper for the wall.
 I added a few strips of card stock below the wallpaper to act as molding.
I colored the strips and bottom half of the card using the same E18 Copic marker.
To finish off the fireplace, I colored in the background using a C07 and W9 Copic markers and added vellum flames.
With the backdrop complete, I set to work on the image.

I printed the image onto a sheet of white card stock.
I used my Copics, Bic MarkIts and Spectrum Noir markers to color her in.
Hubby surprised me over the holiday with a set of Spectrum Noir markers. 
They're an early birthday gift and I thought they would be perfect with this image.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: FS1, FS4, HB1, CR3
- Hair: FS9, Honey Brown, E18
- Sweater: Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Rambunctious Red, C03, DG1
- Pants: C03, C05
- Boots and Earmuffs: C07, W9

I added a few white highlights and stitch lines to the sweater and face.
I used Eucalyptus Stickles and Recollections Janelle glitter glue to add some sparkle to the sweater.
With the coloring complete, I cut the image out and went around the edges with a brown marker.


I cut some fur trim I had into an oval shape and placed the image on top.
I attached her to the trim using glue dots.
Now, she can snuggle up by the fire.

To finish the card off, I added a custom sentiment "Let's snuggle by the fire" and some gold sequins.

And voila!! card complete!! 


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button