Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Vintage Inspired Christmas Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! It's hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. This month has flown by so fast! I apologize for staying away from the blog, but it has been super crazy over here. Between Christmas shopping for the girls, decorating (which unfortunately I still haven't finished), and DT commitments, it's been hectic. But I guess that comes with the holiday season.
Well enough about my crazy holiday season thus far, onward to today's project.
I created a vintage inspired Christmas tag for the Jiggery Makery Blog, featuring the beautiful "Misty" image.
                                                        Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a 2 5/8 x 5 1/4" manila tag.
I covered the tag with some DCWV green patterned Christmas paper and inked the edges with brown ink.
I glued some poinsettias in the corners that I cut from a Christmas napkin.
I took a Heidi Swapp Resist tag and inked it in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I added lace and green rickrack and adhered it to the tag.
I cut another poinsettia and added it to the middle.
For embellishments, I added a few Tim Holtz Pins, a Recollections flower and some sequins.
I die cut the "Joy" sentiment with my Cricut out of Craft card stock.
I added some gold highlights and adhered it down.
With the tag complete, I set to work on the image.

I printed the "Misty" image on white card stock.
You can purchase this image through the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin: Letraset ProMarkers in: Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan, R20
-Hair and Shoes: C03, C09, W9
-Dress and Hat: RV14, RV19

Once I had the image colored in, I fussy cut her out and used pop dots to add her to the tag.

As a final touch, I added some bronze colored organza ribbon.


And voila!! tag complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button