Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday "Thanks/Thank You" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all!! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
My Thanksgiving was pretty good!! For today's post, I have a card I created for the Kitty Bee Designs blog.
It's for their "Thanks/Thank You challenge which is up and running through Dec.5th.
So make sure you head over to the Kitty Bee Designs Blog to play along.
I used the cute "Puppy Love" image from the Kitty Bee store for this card.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used craft card stock for the main card base measuring 4 x 4".
I inked the edges in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I cut a piece of white card stock to 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" for the main card panel.
I inked the top half of the card stock with "Faded Jeans" Distress ink.
For the lower half, I cut a 2" strip of card stock and colored it using my Copic YG03 marker.
I then adhered the strip to the card panel.

On a separate sheet of white card stock, I drew some dirt and bones.
I colored it in using my C03, Honey Brown, E18 markers and cut it out.
I used tape runner to glue this piece down.
I then added a sheet of vellum, cut at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4", on top of the card panel.

My idea behind this card was to create a background for the puppy.
I wanted it to have the appearance that he's been busy digging up bones.
Then his owner comes home with a special bone just for him.
He forgets his cache of bones that he's dug up and runs to his owner's side to grab the bone he's just brought.
Now, with his special treat in paws, from that special someone, he's one happy puppy.
He's thankful for having an owner who loves him so.
And that pretty much sums up the thought process behind this card.

With the background complete, I moved on to the image.
I printed the image on a sheet of white card stock.
I used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color him in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Puppy: Honey Brown, E18, R20
- Bone- C03

I added a few white highlights to the puppy's pads and spots.
And a craft tag and white embroidery floss to the bone.



I used some alpha letter stamps and StazOn ink to create this "You Make Me Feel..." sentiment.


 I stamped the "Special" and thanks sentiment to the inside of the card.


To finish it off, I added a few chipboard hearts.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!!


I especially would like to thank my subscribers and Google + friends for supporting me over this past year.
I love what I do and I love being able to share it with you all.
I love seeing what you all create and you are all an inspiration to me.
You guys make this worthwhile and a million thanks to each and everyone of you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button