Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy 2015 Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! My Christmas was great. I was able to take a little break from crafting and enjoy time with the family. Santa came through with lots of arts and crafts gifts for the girls. They have been crafting and drawing up a storm.
As for me, I have been working on my coloring using some of the new alcohol markers that I got from hubby. I have been trying out different skin tones, eye colors and coloring pleats. I did manage to complete a few images which I hope to share with in the near future. Once I figure out what projects to make with them, of course.
One of the images I got a chance to color came from the Make It Crafty Facebook page.
The image, "Carly Celebrates" was offered as a freebie for followers of the page.
You can probably find the image on their main site, makeitcrafty.com, for purchase.
Once I had the image colored, I decided to make a quick and easy tag for the New Year.
Here's the pic of the completed project:


I used a 3 1/4 x 6 1/4" manila tag as my base.
I stamped a clock in VersaMark ink and embossed it using Antique Ivory embossing powder.
I then covered the entire tag in "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink.
I stamped a text stamp on the background using the same color ink.
I then spritz the tag with my Mini Mister filled with water and used my heat tool to dry it.
I used some white pigment ink to stamp some dots on the background.
And to finish it off, I stamped the word "Happy" in Distress Ink.

For the image, I colored her in using my ProMarkers, Copics and Bic alcohol markers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan, R20
-Eyes- YG03, Tan
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna
-Shirt- HB1, HB2, HB3, IB1, GT3, Oceanview Blue
-Pants- C01, C03, C05
-Shoes- C07, W9, Tuxedo Black
- Party Hat and Streamer- RV14, RV19, YG03, Forest Green

I used a gold glitter pen to fill in the stars and bracelet.
 I added some clear Stickles to the pom pom and streamer.
And I attached her to the tag using some foam tape.


For the "Happy 2015" sentiment, I used some metal charm alpha and numbers I had.
I colored over them using my Tuxedo Black Bic marker and added them to the tag.
And to finish the project off, I added some sequins, black lace, Crinkle Ribbon and fibers.

And ta-da!! tag complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
It feels good to get back to posting and sharing with you all.
Before I end this post, I wanted to share how my 6 year old daughter colored this same image.
It turned out beautiful and the funny thing is when she finished she made sure to tell me "She got too creative with this image" .
I thought that was so cute!! :)
Here's her version:


Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button