Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Holiday Sparkle Wall Plaque!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had an awesome weekend and a great start to your week!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
I created a one of a kind home decor piece using a circular wood plaque, some paint and lots of sparkle.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


For this project, I used a wood plaque, measuring 8x8", that I picked up at a yard sale.
I painted the entire surface with a coat of gesso and let it dry.
I then painted over the gesso with a coat of light blue acrylic paint.
Once the paint had dried, I sponged the edges with white pigment ink from Stampin Up.
I stamped some snowflakes on the background using the same pigment ink.
And added texture using gesso. 

I created a snowy background by cutting hills out of textured white card stock.
I layered the hills and adhered them down.
I used my Spectrum Noir IB1 marker to add some highlights.
And finished them off with some Stickles.
I cut some trees out of green card stock, added them to the background and used Eucalyptus Stickles to make them sparkle. 
With the backdrop complete, I set to work on the image.

For the image, I used the fabulous "Cindy" digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy store.
I printed her on a sheet of white card stock and used a combo of Copics, Bics, Spectrum Noirs and ProMarkers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan, R20
- Hair: Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna
- Sweater : Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna, RV14, RV19
- Pants: Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue 
- Boots: Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna 

Once I had the image colored in, I cut her out and adhered her to the background.


To finish the project off, I added some sequins and this cute little snowman.
The sentiment "Holiday Sparkle", was cut using my Cricut and the December 25th cartridge.

And voila!! plaque complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your evening and Peace!! 



To keep up with all the latest news and Design Team projects from Jiggery Makery, please make sure to Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/jiggerymakery.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button