Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Cupcake Kiss" Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday!! I hope you all had a great day! For today's project, I have a birthday card to share with you all. This card is a departure from what I normally do. I love the look of those cutesy stamps that everyone has been using lately but I don't own any. So when I saw this cupcake image, I knew I had to make a card to showcase it. I found it on this cool website www.mygrafico.com

They have clip art, digital stamps, patterned papers and lots more.
The cupcake digital stamp entitled "Cupcake Kiss" from Deasy Designs includes the stamp, banner and sentiment. I think the card I created using this digital stamp came out nice but I'll let you decide.
Here is the pic for your perusal:


I used a sheet of Craft cardstock cut @ 5 x 7" as the base for this card.
I cut a sheet of white cardstock @ 4 3/4 x 6 3/4" for the card layer.
I added a 2 x 4 3/4" strip of pink patterned paper from a ColorBok paper pack to the bottom of the white cardstock.
I stamped a sparkle background in Blue Lagoon VersaColor ink and traced over the images with my Spica Clear Glitter pen.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the card layer to the base.

For the cupcake, I colored in the image using my Bic MarkIt Markers.
I used two shades of pink, Fandango Pink and Pink Flamingo, for the frosting.
To make it look shiny I added Crystal Effects from Stampin Up.
For the cupcake liner, I used Blue Skies Blue and Oceanview Blue and added some polka dots with my white gel pen.
The hearts and lips were colored in using Tiki Hut Tan and Rambunctious Red.
I added some sparkle to these areas using my Spica Glitter pens in Clear and Lipstick Red. 
As a finishing touch, I added some blush to this cupcake with a pink watercolor pencil.
I cut the image out leaving a 1/4" white border all the way around and used foam tape to attach it to the background.

For the banner, I cut out different pieces of patterned paper using the original banner as my stencil.
I used black embroidery floss for the string and glued the triangle pieces that make up the banner to it.
I tied two bows with that same embroidery floss and added it to the ends.
To finish my card, I cut the sentiment "Happy Birthday to you" with a notch at the end, backed it on a strip of blue cardstock, and added rhinestones.

And ta-da! card complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I had fun coloring this image in and I hope to do a few more cards showcasing digital stamps.
Enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button