Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Simple Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey Everyone! It's FRIDAY!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I'm soooo glad the weekend is almost here! Hold on....
Sorry about that, I felt my Happy Friday dance coming on and I had to get up and groove!
It feels like forever since I've been able to post something. This past week I have been busy.  But today, I took some time to focus on this project I have for you all today. It's a Valentine's Day card!  I kept the design pretty simple and I used some cute ColorBok papers my hubby bought me. I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide. Here are the pics for your perusal:


For the card base, it's an A2 size piece of white cardstock.
I layered a red patterned paper on top cut 1/4' smaller and adhered it to the base with my ATG gun.
The center panel was cut from a sheet of patterned paper at 1 1/2' and attached to a strip of white cardstock.
I used my Spica Clear glitter pen to highlight the polka dots in the aqua paper and Crystal Effects to the stitching along the bottom for dimension.
I also wrapped the panel in aqua embroidery floss a few times and finished it off by tying a bow.

To create these hearts, I stamped this heart image on aqua patterned paper in VersaMark ink.
I then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.
I cut the hearts out, layered them on a manila tag and used some foam tape to attach it to my card.
A white highlight finishes them off.

For the sentiment, I used "Sending you Love" from the CardzTV stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts".
I stamped it on a 1" strip of white cardstock in Rose Red ink from Stampin" Up. 
I only inked my stamp once but I stamped it a few times which created this ombre look.
I finished it off by layering the sentiment on a strip of red paper cut into a banner shape.
Some foam tape attaches it to the card base.
Lastly, I added faux stitching lines along the edges and voila! my card is complete!



I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
I 'll end this post here for now, my daughter should be arriving at the bus stop in a few minutes.
Enjoy your FRIDAY, have a great weekend and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button