Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

First Card of the New Year!!!

Hey Everyone! Happy T.G.I.F!!!! :) The holidays are over, the girls go back to school Monday, and its been pretty cold for Louisiana. My brain has been swimming with all kinds of ideas for cards, LOs and crafts. And with Valentine's Day coming up, I see a lot of red and pink in my future. The only problem was deciding what project to tackle first. After some thought, I figured a simple card would be a good starting point. After a few attempts at simplicity (and for those who have tackled simple cards before you know that in theory its easier to do than to execute), I came up with a card design that I liked. But as always I leave it up to you to decide. Here are the pics for your perusal:


 This is a standard A2 size card (4 1/4 × 5 1/2") made from a sheet of Craft cardstock.
 I added a light brown strip of cardstock that I cut @ 2" as my card layer. I used my Fiskars "Threading Water" punch for a decorative border along the top and bottom edge.
I then took a strip of white cardstock cut @ 1 1/2" and layered it on top of the brown using my ATG gun.
I stamped the sentiment "Hello" in Ruby Red ink from Stampin Up. 
I added some bling to the sentiment with my Copic Spica Red glitter pen and my white gel pen came to the rescue to clean up any inky edges.
For embellishments, I used some red and white twine tied in a bow, some rhinestones and faux stiching in red pen to bring the center panel to life.
I also did some faux stitching along the front of the card in white before adhering my panel with foam tape.



And ta-da! Mission accomplished!! 

I hope you all enjoyed this simple card for today.
I have a few other card ideas I will like to try out and hopefully be able to post for you all.
I will end this post here for now and bid everyone a Happy Friday!!
Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button