Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pics and Details for Final Page!!

Hey Everyone!! A Happy New Year and a Happy Thursday to all!! For today's post, I have the pics and the details on the final page in my paper bag album series. I think this page turned out pretty nice but I"ll leave it up to you to decide. So without further ado, here are the pics for your perusal:


For this final page, I went in a different direction from the previous pages.
I added a 4 x 4" mini album instead of a tag.
I wanted to showcase some of the papers from the ColorBok stack that I've used throughout this album.
                                                A mini album just seemed like a good fit.
                                                       Here's a rundown of what I did:

I started off by cutting down a blue floral paper in the stack to 5 x 10" as my starting base.
I went through my paint swatch cards to find coordinating colors to create these flags in the upper left corner.
I added a little bit of bling to the flags with some mini rhinestones and adhered them down with my ATG gun.
On the lower right corner, I used two pink patterned papers to make the flags you see here.
I used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching to the flags to make them stand out from the background.


For the flower in the upper right corner, I used fabric I had purchased for a previous project to create this.
I cut three 2" strips from the blue, pink and teal fabric.
I sewed a running stitch in coordinating thread along the edges.
When I got down to the end of the fabric, I pulled on the thread to gather it and then sewed the open ends close to make a flower shape.
I repeated this technique with the other two strips.
I then layered the pieces on top of each other and used some tacky glue to adhere them.
To finish it off , I used some Neutrals Beads from Stampin Up to fill in the center.
For the leaves surrounding the flower, I drew those onto white cardstock, colored them in using my new Bic MarkIt Markers, and cut them out leaving a white border.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the leaves to the page after I got the right placement.
I used some more tacky glue to add the flower on top and voila! flower complete.

Now for the mini album, I cut down three strips of a 12 x12" white cardstock @ 4".
I scored and folded along the length of the strip @ 4".
To make the album, I combined two strips and overlapped them to give me five photo mats measuring 4 x 4".
I selected five patterned papers from the stack, cut them down to 4 x 4", and adhered them to the album base with my ATG gun.


This is a pic of the last page in the mini album I created.
I combined paper piecing and a paint swatch card cut into a tab shape to create this.
Some Creamy Caramel ink along the edges and a rhinestone finish it off.


This is page number four.
I inked the edges, added the sentiment "Smile" and my clear Spica glitter pen as the embellishments for this page.


Page Number Three.
I kept this page pretty simple by just using my clear glitter pen, inking the edges and adding the "Amaze" sentiment to the top.



Page Number Two.
For this page, I added some paper piecing, some more ink edging, a sentiment and bling to come up with this look.


This is the first page in the album.
I added some paper piecing and a sentiment.
I used some twine to create this stem you see which extends from the lower left corner of the page and to the fabric flower.
I added a.few smaller leaves I drew and colored along the stem for a 3D effect.
I think it adds a nice touch to the rest of the elements in this page.
After I had all the pages embellished, I glued the first page of the mini album directly to the page base.
I then folded up my album and added a small rose I cut from another paper to hold it closed.


And that completes the final page in my album series!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
I really had fun making this album but it was a challenge trying to come up with embellishments that I could use to create the different looks in this album.
Would I do another paper bag album in the future? Probably.
But I think the next time I attempt this, I will try to cut it down from 5 x 10" to a smaller size.
And I will definitely need to purchase embellishments to make the process go a little quicker.
But I don't think I did too bad of a job for this being my first paper bag album ever.
I will end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening.
Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button