Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

3-D Heart Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey Everyone! Happy Saturday! Hope your day is off to a good start. For today's post, I have another Valentine's Day card to share with you all. The design is pretty simple. I have been toying with the idea of creating a card with 3D hearts on the front. I tried a few different variations of this design but I wasn't happy with the way they looked. I had given up on this idea till I saw a video from Close to my Heart on YouTube featuring a 3D heart garland. In the video, the demonstrator used three heart shapes: one as the base and the other two were scored down the middle, folded in half, and glued onto the base piece. The result was a cute 3D heart that can be viewed from any side. That was the Aha! moment for me. I think the card turned out nice but I'll let you decide. Here is the pic for your perusal:


I went with a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" square card for my base.
I cut another piece of white cardstock @ 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" to layer on top.
I rounded all four corners and stamped my sentiment "Hugs and Kisses" from the CardzTV stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts" along the bottom edge.
I used a new technique I learned called Stamp Tracing.
I stamped the sentiment in a light color and traced it using my Lipstick Red Spica Glitter pen.
This technique makes the sentiment pop and adds bling.
I learned how to do this technique by watching a tutorial from Jennifer McGuire.
This is an awesome technique for adding color to your sentiments.


After my sentiment was stamped, I set to work on creating the hearts to adorn the front of the card. 
I punched out 16 hearts using my EK Success Small Heart punch out of red cardstock.
I used my Spica Clear glitter pen to add some shimmer before assembling them.
I also cut 8 more hearts out of a manila tag for my base.
I scored the hearts down the middle and folded them over.
I used glue to attach the hearts to each other and to the heart base.

To finish the card off, I glued the hearts to the white cardstock, added faux stitch lines with my Midnight Black Spica Glitter pen, and a few rhinestones.
I used foam tape to adhere the layer to the card base.
And voila! card complete!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
I'll end this post here for now.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Saturday and Peace!! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button