Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

"So I tip my hat, Imagine That!" "Get Well Soon" card featuring Imagine That stamps!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope your evening is off to a great start! For today's post, I'll be sharing a card I made for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N' Sparkle blog. The theme this week is "Anything Goes," and we have a great sponsor lined up.

 

They are graciously offering a $10 Gift Certificate to our winner, so please make sure to head over to the Glitter N' Sparkle Challenge blog to play along.

      Here's a pic of the card for you to check  out:
The card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" and uses a sheet of craft card stock as the base.
I stamped a subtle background on the card stock using a Fiskars Ivy stamp and my VersaMark ink.
*This is a great technique to use when you want to forego adding layers to your card base*
With that done, I put it aside to work on the main focal point.

The image I used is the "Pretty Petunias" image from Imagine That.
This is a beautiful image to color, and I used my alcohol markers to achieve a bright and colorful look.

    Here's a list of colors I used:
-Flowers- RV000, RV14, R14, Y13, Y18
-Leaves- G46, G28
-Hummingbird- B12, B14, 202, G43, C08, C03, E97
 For the hummingbird, I referenced a photo from Google Images to choose my colors. I wanted to color him in as close to the actual bird as I could. I also added some shimmer to the bird's breast using a combination of metallic and gel pens in shades of green and blue. I added a few highlights to the wings using my Gelly Roll white pen.

Next, I used the largest circle die I had to cut the image out. I colored in the border that was included in the image using my E74 and E29 Copics.

To assemble the card, I used that same circle die to cut an opening in the front of the card.
I then positioned my die cut image through the hole and adhered it inside of the card. Next, I rounded the corners and highlighted the edges using my big brush, white pigment marker from Faber-Castell.

To finish it off, I added the sentiment, "Get Well Soon," and a few iridescent sequins.

And voila! Card complete!
                                                           I hope you all enjoyed this card!
                                       Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your evening! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button