Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Digital Stamp Make-Over featuring Jiggery Makery's "Princess" digi!!

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday to you all! I hope your day is off to a good start! Today's post will be a little different. Instead of featuring a project, I will be showing you how to alter your digital images.
I have done a few tutorials on my channel in regards to this subject, but this time around I thought I would share the process step by step. If you are a follower of my blog, you know that I like to create background scenes to compliment the images I use. I oftentimes like to add extra elements to the images, whether it be altering the outfits or adding patterns and stitching. This is my first attempt at altering one of Adele's wonderful images, so I'm not sure it work with other digis, but it worked out in this case.
                                                Here's a pic of the image before and after:


I used the"Princess" image from the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop. 
 First, I looked at the image to see what would be the easiest changes to make.
 I then decided that the hair and dress would make the most impact.

*To keep the post short, I will list the markers I used in the finished image, towards the end.*


These are the Copic markers I used to color in the hair.

 Here's a pic of what the image looks like with her new hairstyle:


 Next, I altered the dress:


I decided to cut the dress in half to give it a different look.

I then drew in a pair of legs to give the image some height.


And with a few hand drawn embellishments to the dress and shoes, here's what the image looks like now that it's complete.


With just a few small changes, I was able to alter the look of the image from the original.
This is a great way to get the most use out of your digital images.
Now, I can add this image to any card or project.

   And, as promised, here's a list of colors I used:
-Skin- E11, E13,  R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E29
-Dress- Y00, Y13, Y18, R27, E74

As a final touch, I added some polka dots and Diamond Stickles.

And ta-da! Image complete! :)


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for today!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day! :)

 


Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button