Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Lantern!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Two Paper Divas blog.
Since today is St. Patrick's Day, the Design Team is celebrating with some St. Patrick's themed projects.
We were asked by Melissa and Gayla to use their awesome stamp set, "Lucky Me" in our makes.
This stamp set is perfect to kick off St. Patrick's Day.
It features 4 great sentiments, two top hats plus a shamrock.
The project I'm featuring today is a paper lantern featuring all the elements found in the set.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


For the paper lantern, I die cut out of white card stock at 5 " using my Cricut Explore.
I used my C01, C02 and C03 markers to add shading to the lantern.
For the inside panels, I cut a few squares of vellum, stamped the sentiments in VersaMark, embossed them and adhered them to the lantern.

I stamped the hats onto a sheet of green polka dot paper using Staz On ink.
I fussy cut them out and inked the edges with a fine tip brown marker.
I added some details and shading to the hats using a white gel pen and C02 marker.
I adhered them to the front and back of the lantern.

To decorate it further, I added a cluster of Prima flowers and shamrocks.


To the sides of the lantern, I kept the embellishments to a minimum.
I arranged a trio of shamrocks along the bottom.



To finish it off, I adhered some green polka dot paper along the top.
I adhered some more shamrocks and added a few gold sequins.

And voila!! Lantern complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great St. Patrick's Day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button