Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"Happy For You" Watercolor Card!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here with a quick and easy watercolor card for the Two Paper Divas Design Team.
I used the pansy image from the awesome stamp set, "Seed Packet Flowers #2" for my card.
This set has some great flower images just perfect for paper piecing or coloring.
I chose to do some quick water coloring to make a simple card.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I stamped the pansy image a few times on a sheet of 4 x 4" watercolor paper.
I colored in the flowers, leaves and background using Recollections Dusty Purple and Kelly Green markers.
For the sky I used a Light Blue Recollections marker.
I added some details to the flowers using a white gel pen and Crystal Stickles.
I stamped the sentiment "Happy For You" from the "Happy Everything" stamp set in StazOn ink.
I used a curly label stencil to cut out the image panel.
I layered the panel on purple and blue papers, cut using the same curly label stencil.



For the card base, I cut a sheet of white card stock at 3 1/2 x 4 1/4".
I wrapped some light blue embroidery floss a few times around the card base.
I used  foam tape to attach the image panel, added some stitching lines and pearls.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





If you would like to purchase the stamp set featured in today's card, please head over to the Two Paper Divas store.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button