Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

Happy Winter Card and a Happy Birthday Message!

Hey everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start! Today is a special day for me, I am celebrating my "41st" birthday! I am truly blessed to have been on this planet for this long, given that half of my life has spent battling Type 1 Diabetes. It has been an uphill battle with may highs and lows so to speak but I am grateful to be able to spend another year of life with my loved ones. This day is also bittersweet as well cause it's my Dad's birthday as well. It's been 14 years since he passed and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. With that said, I am glad to have all of you in my life as well and be able to share and be inspired by you all. Well now on to today's post I wanted to share a card I made for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog. The theme this week is "Anything Goes" so make sure to head over to the blog to play along. As always there are some great prizes for you to win from our sponsors. The card I'm featuring showcases a lovely image from Arti Doodles, Christmas Lantern". 
Here are the pics for you to check out:


The card base is a standard A2 size.
I opted to color the card front using my Distress Ink in "Faded Jeans" rather than add a colored card layer.
For the center I used an older ink pad from Stampin Up in "Summer Sun" to give it the appearance that the lantern is glowing.
Once I had the card base complete it was time to color the image.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used.
Lantern- Warm Grey 10%, Warm Grey 30%, Warm Black
Trimmings- Leaf Green, Light Olive Green, Avocado, E15, E18, Jasmine, Yellow Ochre, E13, RV69, 190R


After completing the coloring, I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the card base.
I then used a snowflakes rubber stamp and white ink to add flurries to the background.
Lastly, I added my sentiment cut into a banner shape.

And voila! Card complete!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button