Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Party Time Tuesdays Color Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to all!! I hope your day is off to a good start. It's that time again for another great challenge from the Party Time Tuesdays blog!
The challenge this week is a Color Challenge:


Make sure to stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog to play along with us and check out all the great projects the DT members have created.
There is a great prize pack to be won from this week's sponsor: Gauche Alchemy.

Here is a pic of a canvas I created using the colors for this challenge:


For this project, I used an 8 x 10" canvas.
I cut strips of red and white cardstock at 2", spritzed them with water, crumbled them up and dried them with my heat tool.
After they were dry, I laid them out flat, inked the edges with a light brown ink and mod podged them onto the canvas.
I cut a 4 x 4 " square of blue patterned paper, used the same techniques as the strips, inked the edges and mod podged it.
I set the canvas aside to allow the glue time to dry and set to work on the other elements.

For the soldier silhouette, I printed a silhouette image from my computer, cut it out and traced it onto a piece of black cardstock.
I cut it out and used foam tape to attach it to my flag background.
I traced the edges of the image with a white gel pen to create a few highlights.

I used my Cricut to cut out two rectangles for my dog tags and used foam tape and embroidery floss to adhere it to the background.
 I used Tim Holtz Alpha Ransom letters and my Cricut to create the "Let Freedom Ring" sentiment.
I went back in with my white gel pen to add a few highlights to the letters and tags.

And ta-da!! canvas complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
I thought this was a fitting project to honor the service members in our lives.
I hope you agree.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button