Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #96!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start. I'm back with another card sketch challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the pic of Card Sketch #96:


This sketch is up and running now through July 31st.
Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the great cards the DT members have created based on this latest sketch.
Don't forget there are also some great prize packs for you to win from this month's sponsors: Molossi- $30 Bling and Chipboard Pack and Aurora Wings- $10 Digi Stamps Pack.

Here is a pic of the card I made using the "Seahorse with Wings" Aurora Digi Stamp:


The card base is a 5 x 6" top folding card made from a sheet of Canson 140lb. Watercolor paper.
I masked off an area around the front of the card, about 1/2" in, with some washi tape and watercolored the background using my Recollections markers in Light Blue and Turquoise.
I used my heat tool to speed up the drying process and then went back in with the Turquoise marker, to create this cross hatch pattern.
I then went over it with a damp brush to soften the lines a bit.
( I learned this trick from watching a Jennifer McGuire tutorial on her YouTube channel.
This is a great trick to use when trying to recreate the look of water.)
After I had the background the way I wanted, I set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image out on a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used my Recollections markers in Dusty Purple and Lavender for the body.
Seafoam for the belly, eye, top of the head and fins.
And lastly, Light Pink for the inside of the wings.


To give the seahorse a shimmery appearance, I brushed on Liquid Pearls in Lavender Lace on the entire body and wings.
I used Liquid Pearls in Bisque for the belly and inside of the wings.
I set the image aside to give the Liquid Pearls time to dry and then went back in with a white gel pen to fill in the spots found in the image.
Lastly, I added Glossy Accents to the eye and some more Liquid Pearls in Peacock.
Once the image was dry, I cut it out and used foam tape to adhere it to my card front.

For the embellishments, I added a sheer blue ribbon tied in a knot and some seashells.
I cut a small tag, stamped the sentiment "For You" and added it to the ribbon.
I also added some seagrass to the bottom, that I cut and watercolored.

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button