Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #94!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day is off to a good start!! I'm back with another great challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog!! The challenge is to create a card using the latest Card Sketch.
Here is a pic of Card Sketch #94, which is up and running now through July 14th:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy Blog to play along and check out the great cards the DT members have created!
There are some great prize packs to be won from this month's sponsors: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and Aurora Wings.


For my card, I chose the "We're No Evil" digi stamp image from Aurora Wings and created a masculine card.
Here's the pic for you to peruse:


The card measures 4 1/2 x 6" and is made from a sheet of Kraft cardstock.
I added a piece of olive green patterned paper, from a DCWV "Stack 180" pack as my card layer and it measures 4 1/4 x 5 3/4".
I used ATG to attach it to the card base.
For the image, I printed it out on white cardstock and used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
Here is a list of the colors I used:
- Owls- E13, E15, E18, YR04 C1, C3
- Leaves- Bic MarkIt- Key Lime Green, Forest Green
- Sky- Bic MarkIt- Deep Sea Blue
- Branch- BIc MarkIt- Honey Brown, Woodsy Brown


To add a few extra details, I used my Sakura White Gel pen to add highlights to the owls' feathers and the branch.
I also drew the moon and added a halo effect around the owls and leaves.
I traced around the colored images with my white gel pen and smudged it.
( I discovered this by accident but loved the effect it gave to the image.)

After I had the image colored in, I cut it into three parts.
I backed each of the pieces on white cardstock and left 1/8" border all around.
I then assembled the pieces on the card base and used ATG and pop dots to attach it.

For the sentiment, I cut out a 1 x 3" banner using the green patterned paper and white cardstock and wrote the sentiment, "Who Loves You" with a fine tip black marker.
To finish it off, I added some 7Gypsies, Pyramid Studs.

And ta-da!! card complete!!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!!
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button