Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Re-Purposed Vintage Inspired Bottles!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! It seems like forever since I lasted posted a project and I apologize for that. It's been crazy here with back to school just around the corner and all the Back To School shopping going on. I can't believe the summer, for us in Louisiana, is almost over. My girls head back to school on the 12th of August. So I hope to get myself back on a regular posting schedule.
Well, enough about that, let's get to today's project.
I watch a lot of tutorials on YouTube and subscribe to a lot of wonderful channels.
It was while watching one of my favorite channels that I came across this tutorial on how to re-purpose glass bottles and give them a vintage feel.
The artist by the name of Gabrielle Pollacco, took empty liquor bottles, paint, vintage papers and mod podge and created these one of a kind home decor pieces.
She has a tutorial on her channel as well as on her blog for you to check out: gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com
It inspired me to take some Perrier bottles I had and try this look for myself.

Here are the pics for your perusal:


To begin this project, you start off with any empty glass bottle you may have laying around.
Make sure the inside is clean and remove any labels with warm, soapy water.
Once your bottles are dry and label free, remove the top and paint the bottles with a layer of Gesso.
        And set them aside to dry.

Once dry, paint the bottles with an ivory or cream acrylic paint, 
which is what I used for the bottle in the middle.
For the other two, I wanted to try using other colors, like pink and teal.
I just added a little light brown acrylic paint to deepen the color a bit.
After the paint was dry, I used a brush and some watered down brown paint to flick the color onto the bottles, to create this speckled look.




I then took some free vintage papers I had printed from Sweetly Scrapped, cut them apart, arranged them on my bottles and used mod podge to adhere them down.




I also used a stamp set to stamp some images on the bottles.
I added some jute twine to the bottle necks, a key, some charms, and replaced the cap which I distressed using Gesso and brown paint.

And voila!! bottles complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
I really had fun creating this look and I have them on display in a shelf in my home.
They make a wonderful home decor piece.
I have a few flower vases laying around that are screaming for a make over.
Well, maybe not screaming.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend and Peace!! :)


This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure to stop by and check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button