Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Party Time Tuesdays "Christmas in July" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to all!! I hope your day is off to a great start! I'm back with another great challenge for the Party Time Tuesdays blog! This week's theme is 'Christmas in July", so dust off those Christmas supplies you have and come play along with us.
 Stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog, link up your projects and check out the awesome creations from our DT members.
This week's sponsor is Gauche Alchemy and they have a great prize pack for you to win.
Onward to my Christmas project for this challenge.
I made a simple wall hanging from mat board, patterned papers, die cut letters and a few embellishments.
Here is the pic for your perusing pleasure:


I cut three 4 x 4" squares from a 12 x 12" sheet of mat board.
I covered the front of the squares with these patterned papers from a DCWV "Stack 180" pack, cut at 4 x 4".
For the die cut letters, I used my Cricut and my Paper Lace 2 cartridge to cut them out at 3 1/2" out of a dark brown Kraft.
I inked the edges with a brown ink pad and added some highlights with a white gel pen.
I used foam tape to attach the letters to the squares.

For embellishments, I added some gold sequins, ornaments and poinsettias.




All that was left to do now was add my coordinating brown ribbon to connect my squares together.

And ta-da!! wall hanging complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button