Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #92!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "T.G.I.F" to you all!! I'm back with another LO for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
This LO is based on the latest Layout Sketch #92, which is up and running now through June 29.


Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to link up your project and check out the wonderful LO's created by the DT members.
This month's sponsors are Molossi with a $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and StichyBear's Digi Outlet with a $15 Digital Image Pack.

Without further ado, here is my LO based on this sketch:

 

For this LO, I scrapped a pic of my daughter with Elsa from Frozen.
She was so excited to see her favorite character at our local mall.
When we arrived the line went out the door and it was a 2 1/2 hour wait from there.
But in the end, I think it was definitely worth it and my daughter's smile says it all.

So using the sketch above as inspiration, I set to work on my page.
The background paper is from a DCWV "Timeless Texture" pack.
I used a snowflake stencil and some Distress Paint in Antique Linen to create this subtle pattern behind the photo.
I adhered two pieces of lace threaded with sheer blue ribbon, directly to the page using Glossy Accents, to mimic the two strips in the sketch.


For the pic, I matted it on a blue patterned paper from a DCWV Stack 180 pack and added some light blue scalloped edges to frame it out.
I cut out some swirls from the same blue paper and added them directly to the photo.
I used my white gel pen to add some dash lines to the swirls.
 I adhered this "Today" tab to the top of the pic and used pop dots to adhere it to the page.
All that was left to do was to add some embellishments and a title.

To dress up the page, I used die cut snowflakes, pearls, white dash lines, and a clipboard die cut.
And for the title "Pics with Elsa", I used a Tim Holtz Ideaology Alpha Ransom Letters, sponged some Antique Linen Distress Paint over them, and adhered it to the LO.



And ta-da!! layout complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Have a great T.G.I.F and a fabulous weekend and Peace!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button