Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #91!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Sunday to you all!! I hope your weekend has been good so far. I'm back with another great card sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog.

                                             

This is Card Sketch #91 which is up and running now through June 14.
This month's sponsors, Molossi and StichyBear's Digi Outlet, have some great prize packs for you to win.
Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com to play along and check out all the great cards the DT members have created to inspire you.

Here is the card I made based on the sketch:


The card base is 5 1/4 x 8".
I trimmed down a sheet of black cardstock to 4 7/8 x 7 3/4" for the card layer.
I cut two vertical strips measuring 1 3/4 x 7 1/4" out of pink cardstock and attached it to either side of my card using my ATG gun.
I cut two more strips of a white patterned cardstock at 1 1/2 x 7" and layered it on top of the pink.
I used my Cricut to cut this 4' oval out of the same pink cardstock, embossed it using my Tim Holtz Alterations "French Script" folder, sponged some Distress Paint in "Antique Linen" across the top and attached it to the card base.
Once I had all the elements for the card base completed, I set it aside to work on the images.

I used two images from the StichyBear's Digi Outlet for this card: Barbara Jensen- Fluff and this High Heel stamp.
I printed both images on white cardstock and used a combo of Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color them in.
Here is a list of the colors I used:
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E18
-Corset- Fandango Pink, Honey Brown
-Towel-  Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue
-Stockings- Cloud Nine Grey
- High Heel- Tuxedo Black
 I used a Recollections Silver Metallic marker for her eyeshadow and the heel.
And a white gel pen to add some details to the corset.
I used my ATG gun and some pop dots to attach the images to the card base.

To finish the card, I die cut three small black flowers using my Momenta Wafer Thin Die and added pearls to the centers.
Lastly, I cut a banner at 1/2 x 2 1/2" and added the sentiment "Have a Sassy Birthday" that I printed off my computer. 

And voila! card complete.


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button